Monday, December 7, 2009

The Way I Play!!!


Hi today I will like to share my current set up and my plans for the future. When I originally started to build my rig, I wanted it to be Media centre pc that could also play games. After a year with my current setup I now know this was the wrong road to follow. Over time I will be looking at building a dedicated Media Centre PC and Gamer as having the current rig running constantly is creating too much heat and killing my power bill. For pics please visit http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=1209.0Here is my current rig:
Computer:
O/S: Windows Vista
CASE: Cooler Master RC-690
MB: ASUS P5K/EPU
CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz
GPU: ASUS 8800GT
RAM: 4GB DDR2
TVCARD: leadtek DVR3200h
DRIVE: LG Blue Ray/HDDVD Super Combo
HDD: Western Digital 500GB
COOLING: 7 Cooler Master Case fans, Stock CPU fan
Monitor:
LG 47 Inch Full HD LCD
Audio:
Receiver: Sony 5.1 800w Home Theatre System
Head Phones: Logitech G35
Controls:
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard + Mouse
Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse
Logitech G25 Racing wheel & Pedals
Logitech Xbox360 Harmony Remote
Media Centre Extender:
Microsoft Xbox360

In the near future I will be upgrading GPU to an Nvidia based DX11 card. Upgrading to a 3 monitor setup and improve my cooling with a Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler. One day when I have the room I would also like to get a Frex motion cockpit. Any way guy that my rig, please feel free to let me know what you thing or recommend future upgrades. P.s Head over to http://www.thewayiplay.com/ to check out other setups or share yours.
Darkone

3 comments:

  1. It looks good. I have the Q6600 also. Overclocked it to 3.08 ghz with stock cooling. Works great!

    [SJ] Dent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks [sj]Dent. Will be looking at Overclocking in the New Year. Have to sort out my cooling 1st as heat is building up during the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rig man! Keep dreaming of that motion cockpit and maybe someday you'll get one.

    ReplyDelete