Sunday, November 8, 2009

How It All Started

Growing up I have all ways been interested in gaming. I would all ways be spending all my pocket money at the arcade playing mortal combat or nagging my parents to let me stay at my uncles place, because they had a super Nintendo.

Growing up we could never afford to have a gaming console and was lucky to have a second TV. Because of this fact ill always remember the day i got my first gaming console it was on my 10th birthday and was a present from my brother. As i ripped at the wrapping paper to reveal the big blue Sega log I could no believe it. My very own Sega master system 2. My brother told me he never played with it any more and that i could have it. Now i new this was all ready a few years old and Sega had all ready released the mega drive 2. But i did not care because it was the best present i had ever received. Unless my mum ask:), in that case its the mountain bike i got the same year.

I spent hours and hours playing such great games as Alex the kid, sonic 1, 2 & 3, mortal combat and many others. The thing i remember most was asking ever one in the House, to not unplug or turn it of because my game is paused. No matter how much i begged, I would all way come home to find it had been turned of or mum had unplugged the cord to vacuum. Thankfully in this day and age we have Harddrives.

Over time many 100's of hours the control started wear until it was unplayable. By this time the console was very old and Sega stopped making parts. The old girl was packed away, what a sad day.

That's how my gaming addiction began and no amount of rehab could save me now.

Welcome to my blog where i hope to shear my gaming experiences about how i play, what i play and why.

Darkone

No comments:

Post a Comment